You will learn about the principles and practice of person centred thinking, planning and reviews and gain a knowledge and understanding required to facilitate working with individuals to carry out activities specified in their care or support plan. The course also provides information about the importance of nutrition and hydration for promoting health and well being , how to support individuals to sleep, the underpinning knowledge for supporting individuals in maintaining personal hygiene and managing continence.
- Unit 1 Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
- Unit 2 Care planning for the care worker
- Unit 3 Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
- Unit 4 Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Unit 5 Understanding continence care
- Unit 6 Principles of supporting sleep
For further information about the course specification please visit the awarding body’s web site www.ncfe.org.uk and search using number 60175667
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course due to the nature and course delivery of distance you must have a minimum of a level 1 qualification in English literacy or equivalent.
Each candidate is required to give written responses to questions in a work booklet, either handwritten answers or completion of the assessment booklet using an electronic template which can be provided.
You will be required to submit 3 assessments each taking 4 weeks to complete