- Unit 1: Using counselling
- Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development
For further information about the course specification please visit the awarding body’s web site www.ncfe.or.uk
and search using the following code 600/0728/X or follow this link
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are unsure of your level of literacy please read the attached instructions to undertake a literacy assessment on line.
This will take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.Instructions are available here
and Link to www.learnmyway.com.
Each candidate is required to give written responses to questions in a work booklet, either handwritten answers or completion of the assessment booklet using an electronic template which can be provided.
You will also need to identify an appropriate witness who can observe you demonstrating the core skills of counselling and can provide a witness testimony.
An appropriate witness is classed as any person who has relevant experience, knowledge or qualifications in counselling skills. This could vary from:
- A counselling or interpersonal skills course at level 1
- A completed or partially completed counselling course at level 2
- A completed counselling skills unit as part of a larger qualification at level 2 or above
- A short course or courses about counselling skills (e.g. a full day workshop where there was training and practice of counselling skills, or the training provided for workers at voluntary agencies that provide emotional support)
- A short CPD course in counselling skills.
Alternatively you if you don't have access to an appropriate witness, they can record a video of themselves demonstrating particular counselling skills in a helping relationship. Any learners who select this option will need to send their video recording with the written assessment answers via email.
You will be required to submit 2 assessments each taking 4 weeks to complete.