- Unit 1: Introduction to autism
- Unit 2: Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Unit 3: Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Unit 4: Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Unit 5: Supporting positive behaviour in adults with autism
- Unit 6 Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
For further information about the course specification please visit the awarding body’s web site www.ncfe.or.uk
and search using the following code 601/6330/6 or follow this link
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are unsure of your level of literacy please read the attached instructions to undertake a literacy assessment on line.
This will take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.Instructions are available here
and Link to www.learnmyway.com.
Each candidate is required to give written responses to questions in a work booklet, either handwritten answers or completion of the assessment booklet using an electronic template which can be provided.
You will be required to submit 4 assessments each taking 4 weeks to complete.
The course is also available as an online programme.