The qualification consists of 9 mandatory units:
- Unit 1 Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Unit 2 Principles of personal development in adult social care
- Unit 3 Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Unit 4 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 5 Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Unit 6 Understand the role of the social care worker
- Unit 7 Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Unit 8 Understand health and safety in social care settings
- Unit 9 Understand how to handle information in social care settings
For further information about the course specification please visit the awarding body’s web site www.ncfe.or.uk
and search using the following code 600/0688/2 or follow this link
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course, due to Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are unsure of your level of literacy please read the attached instructions to undertake a literacy assessment on line.
This will take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.Instructions are available here
and Link to www.learnmyway.com.
In addition you may find completion of the course easier if you have already completed a level 1 course in Adult Social Care.
Learners are required to give written responses to questions provided with the learning materials. We recommend that learners complete and submit their written assessments electronically.