The following units are the outline for this course.
- Unit 1 Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 2 Consider nutritional needs of a variety individuals
- Unit 3 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 4 The principles of weight management
- Unit 5 Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 6 Principles of food safety for the home environment
For further information about the course specification please visit the awarding body’s web site follow this link
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are unsure of your level of literacy please read the attached instructions to undertake a literacy assessment on line.
This will take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.Instructions are available here
and Link to www.learnmyway.com.
This programme aims to support current or prospective employment.
“This qualification meets the needs of a range of learners who can progress on to further qualifications or employment within sport and recreation, exercise and fitness, hospitality and catering, or healthcare sectors.” (NCFE website)
Each candidate is required to give written responses to a work booklet either handwritten or to complete the booklet using an electronic template.
You will be required to submit 3 assessments each taking 4 weeks to complete.
The course is also available as an online programme.